Cristiana Teixeira Santos
I am an Assistant Professor with interdisciplinary expertise in Law and Tech. I hold a joint international Doctoral Degree in Law, Science and Technology (University of Bologna) and a Ph.D. degree in Computer Science (University of Luxembourg). My PhD thesis focused on modeling relevant legal information using computational ontologies. I also collaborate closely with computer scientists from PRIVATICS team on online privacy. Previously, I was a postdoc at INRIA. Prior to joining academia, I was a lawyer and worked as a legal adviser and lecturer at the Portuguese Consumer Protection Organization-DECO.
My research area is privacy and data protection law and their interface with consumer law and legal informatics.
My research topics include:
- online tracking and compliance with the GDPR, ePrivacy Directive and future ePrivacy Regulation
- requirements for online consent
- purposes of personal data processing
- awfulness of dark patterns and online manipulation
- privacy damages and and the right to compensation from dark patterns
- studying usable privacy
- subject acess right